Chief Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer
Salford Priors, Evesham
Competitive Benefits & Salary Package
Creators of the renowned Agribuggy self-propelled sprayer and versatile Multidrive all-terrain load carrier, Kellands has developed a new breed of low-ground pressure, mechanical driver sprayers and spreaders that thrive in challenging conditions and boost safety, productivity and fuel-efficiency.
A hands on position responsible for designing and managing the design, documentation and implementation into production of approved products or enhancements to existing products. Designs products that meet performance, safety and cost parameters of specified projects. Creates development programmes and schedules for each project and ensure successful on-time completion.
- Designs approved products or enhancements to existing products. Prioritises projects and plans development cycle/design schedule. Ensures projects meet or exceed design, performance and cost parameters.
- Ensures all product design are compliant with European or ISO standards.
- Maintains overall design responsibility for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems and HMI software development as well as the design, styling, structural integrity and functional performance of all products.
- Delegates, prioritises and oversees projects of subordinates.
- Maintains complete documentation of designs including all CAD models, detailed drawings, purchases items with generic specifications, complete and accurate Bill of Materials, shipping configurations and product specifications.
- Communications project status on regular basis regarding product performance characteristics, specification information and manufacturing information.
- Coordinates production of prototypes and component delivery.
- Selects components and materials for design projects.
- Develops products and components that provide a safe working environment for employees and customers.
- Assists in field testing new products and evaluating performance for approval or problem resolution. Reports progress of test units to Marketing and Production staff.
- Provides project support to Sales including dealers and end-users.
- Acts as resource for Marketing queries as well as Technical Service and Warranty claims.
- Develops departmental budget for Engineering. Ensuring compliance with budget guidelines.
- Attends monthly management meeting providing detailed report on projects.
- Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering required
- Experience in leading a team in a managerial capacity within product design and development.
- Experience of all aspects of vehicle design, mechnical, hydraulics, electrical preferably within the Agricultural sector.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent project management skills and used to working to deadlines
- Proficient user of CAD systems specifically SolidWorks
- Demonstrated experience in stress analysis, material selection, material sizing, structural integrity evaluation and product specification writing.
- Able to organize and prioritise own work schedule and direct reports
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership style with charisma and team spirit
To apply for a role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org